A study from Ohio State University found that for everyone unit increase in a young person’s BMI (again starting at 30 was associated with an 8% reduction in net worth. As if those numbers were not scary enough consider this, the increasing percentage of people becoming overweight and obese are causing other statistics to change. From 2007 to 2012 there has been a 41% increase in costs associated with Diabetes. If you are overweight and either have type 2 Diabetes or are on the road to being diagnosed with it adds these costs to your number. The average medical costs for people diagnosed with diabetes is $13,700 per year. But wait there is still even more…indirect costs of having type 2 Diabetes include:
- increased absenteeism ($5 Billion per year in the USA)
- reduced productivity of working adults ($20.8 Billion per year in the USA)
- inability to work as a result of the disease ($21.6 Billion)
- lost productive capacity due to early mortality ($18.5 Billion)
- 1 in 4 deaths in the United States is due to heart disease.
- 1 in 3 adults (80 million) in the United States have some form of heart disease, stroke, or other blood vessel diseases.
- Number of heart attacks and strokes that occur in the United States: 1.5 million/year.
- Heart disease and stroke cost the nation $312.6 billion*/year in health care costs and lost economic productivity.
- At the current rate of growth heart disease will triple in the next 20 years.
It all starts with a full understanding of yourself, why you believe what you do, where you want to go and preparing and executing that journey. "Life Pioneers: The Edge of Possibility" can get the process started (available on Amazon and all TERRIO Therapy Locations). I will soon be announcing new programs to help people get control of their health and create the life they have always dreamed of but start planning out your journey today!!